Aug 2, 2008

Groovy Saturday Afternoon




Well, after meeting the Chico Team etsy artists the other night I got my groove back! Artistically anyway. I spent the morning at the Chico cemetery taking pictures of the statuarys there...actually there wasn't a whole lot to photogragh...this confirms my opinion that there just isn't a lot of money around here. It has been my experience that one of the ways to tell the wealth of an area is to check out the local cemetery and look for elaborate statuary...and I don't mean plain headstones...I'm talkin angels, cherubs, family crypts, mausoleums, etc. One of the things I enjoy taking pictures of are statues and old architecture and I have found the best place to go for that is the cemetery unless I am in an older city.


Then this afternoon I started making jewelry pins out of old playing cards and collaging angels to them and adding charms cause I like dangly things! and any chance I get to dangle bobbles from art projects I do!


Now I'm blogging...listening to Jazz and plan to catch up with my favorite bloggers...have you checked them out yet? They are listed on the right side of my blog...take care and enjoy your Saturday!

No comments: