Dec 26, 2008

I'm sitting in Starbucks







using my laptop... my son would be so proud! It is sooo peaceful here and the patrons are clean and quiet! I bought my Starbucks coffee card and signed up to use the in store wifi. I brought some job applications with me... one of them Barnes and Noble Bookstore... I know we are in a recession and jobs are hard to find, but if I don't take a chance I definitely will not get out of my present job, and frankly that environment has become too toxic for me to be in. The two pictures above are typical customers I have to wait on daily! I don't want to whine about the place I work... believe me, I have already done enough of that! Now it's time to take action.. I read somewhere, that if I don't like the the script, I need to change the play! ( I think it was a quote from Leo Buscaglia...if you never heard of him, check out the website www.buscaglia.com/) He is quite inspirational! I decided, I'm headed for Broadway baby!
I better get going with the apps, I could blah, blah all day.
Hope you survived Christmas and got everything you wanted!
Did you laugh outloud today... no? What are you waiting for???
xoxo Inge

2 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

You gotta try, or you absolutely won't get a new job. Those are some rough and ready characters, takes a lotta pie and beer to grow a gut like that. GOOD LUCK!!!!

High Desert Diva said...

Best of luck!