Dec 25, 2011

I will admit that I fell off the wagon these past couple of weeks. Patients brought literally bags and bags of sweets to the infusion center, and I found myself eating Sees candy, cookies and cakes. It is sooo easy to fall back into old eating habits. Even at home I found myself "craving" breads and chips. My son brought home donuts this morning, including my favorite, apple fritter (a huge one probably 1,000 calories worth). Of course I ate the whole thing. A few minutes ago I was thinking about starting on one those chocolate Santas someone gave us but I said "stop!"...so I made myself a salad and kale green smoothie instead. Its esy to reach for the processed foods and junk foods....I will also admit that most of it tastes good. I bet if I research it, I will find that corporations who make all this "junk" food has people on staff whose full time job is to make sure these foods are tasty...its like a drug dealer making sure his "product" is tasty for addicts. Sugar is addicting...no doubt in mind. And on that note I'm going to research that...
 
 
http://www.fyiliving.com/diet/nutrition/food-addiction-research-why-you-get-a-sugar-high/

http://stufffreak.com/fat-salt-sugar/


Eat your fruits and veggies!   And hope you are enjoying Christmas!    xo  Inge

No comments: