Mar 18, 2008

First Etsy Sale!!

I made my first etsy sale today! I sold three French poodle brooches and I am very happy :D
I have been a memeber of etsy.com for a month now and I was beginning to wonder if I would sell something anytime soon. I am used to selling on eBay where I know within a week if my item will sell. I sold a bit faster with ebay but I didn't make much money. My starting bids were usually 99 cents, so I kept my fingers crossed that the item up for bid would reach what I really wanted for the item. I found if I put the starting bid much higher I would not get any bids. I think there were alot of people who hoped to get the item for next to nothing, which is great for the buyer but not a way to make a living for a seller.

I enjoy etsy.com more because my listings are much cheaper and they are kept for three mths, not one week. So glad I found their website. I stumbled onto a thread on eBay that talked about etsy compared to eBay. It seems there is just too much drama at eBay and not much positive, helpful forums.

2 comments:

TenJewel said...

Congratulations on your 1st Etsy sale, the first of many I’m sure!

Unknown said...

congrats!!! I hope you have many more :)