Mar 30, 2008

Zippitty Dooh Dah!

I have been dreaming that I am making things... don't know if that's good or bad. I do wake up ready to get back in my studio to create! That's good. I looked up some craft show sites to see what shows are coming up in southern California this summer. I did find some but the cost is way too much... $400.00 for a weekend! I don't see how a crafter or an artist for that matter can make a decent profit with fees that high! I think I will check out more of the antique and collectible venues. They seem to be more inline with what I an afford!

There is a group of women , The Junk Gypsy Co., who I would like to emmulate. They roam the countryside selling their handmade creations from recycled materials at fairs and even had a spot on Good Morning America! I want to be successful like them. Right now they have a booth at Roundtop in Texas. Wow! I would love to attend that event as seller or even buyer, but secretly I want to be the seller. The event is held twice a year. It is on my to do list.

I have three projects going right now. I just finished another one and listed it in my etsy shop. Weddings have been on my mind lately and my dreams! Infact this latest creation came from my dream! I decided to write it down and ran with it. I had a bride and groom wedding cake topper in my antique booth that I brought home and came up with a table centerpiece.

I am also joining a new website group, Marmalade Pink. I think it will do me good to get as much exposure as possible. That's probably how the Junk Gypsies started :)

No comments: