Jun 25, 2008

Hey! How are you all this lovely (smoke filled air in my neck of the woods, but not complaining) Wednesday. I have two things I want to give a quick "plug" to. First up... We formed a new etsy team! It seems there are about twelve of us etsians in the area and we have formed the chicoteam. If you want to find handmade items in the Northern California area just type in chicoteam under tags and hit search. I don't know if it is listed in google search yet (I haven't checked). but it is on the etsy website. We plan a face to face meeting after the 4th of July and I will keep you posted with any updates...

2nd item...anysoldier.com...check out the website. Soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan request MUCH NEEDED items at this site. They need things from toiletries to snacks. Most of these soldiers live in tents with no microwave or PX or store nearby. I always thought the military supplied these things to the soldiers and I was shocked they do not!!! Thes men and women literally depend on the kindness of strangers and believe me they are soooo grateful. I "adopted a squad of 5 men" in Iraq and have been sending them snacks, magazines, etc. The USPS has a great deal going to help them and us...get a large flat rate box, costs $10.95 and pack it full. They ship it to the address you list from anysoldier.com. I don't know how you feel about this war but helping someone over there and believe me they are soooo excited to get any mail from the states! it is a good feeling to help them. By the way I think Bush and his gangsters suck and I hope they get everything they deserve (karma wise). If you have questions about this website you can email me.

I gotta go to work now...

No comments: