Jun 12, 2008







I was going to do some craft projects today, but I got distracted by the big fire about 8 miles away. It's the Humbolt Road fire and is about 9,000 acres big right now. The winds are strong which is making things worse. I drove up to Skyway Road which is one of two roads leading up to Paradise, a city nestled in the Redwood trees, to see if the road was reopened. The road was blocked with police keeping people out. I took pictures of the scene but the pictures really did not show how the bad the fire really is.

The picture that has parked cars in it was taken at Lowe's. I went there to buy paint. I couldn't help thinking how odd I felt, shopping along with other people, while a huge fire raged less than 8 miles away. I thought of that old Sonny and Cher song, " And the beat goes on..."


I really admire and I am thankful to the fire fighters who are willing to put themselves on the line to save others. The winds are supposed to calm down tonight. I hope they are right.


2 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

Ughhh, I have been thru this 2 differn't times myself. It is so Scary. Thank Goodness for the Firefighters they are True Heroes in my eyes. I hope they get it out very soon. Jamie

Junkstylediva said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jamie. My home is not in danger but I can feel the tension in the air. I am lending a hand to help the displaced people and their animals, so I at least feel I am doing something to help... by the way, I like your blog and shop! Ingebird