May 20, 2010

A word of caution when using anything for the first time that will be put in your body. I am a big fan of alternative medicine... western medicine just doesn't resonate with me as good. So I heard about all the benefits of taking Royal Jelly. Its the jelly recommended by all the Queen Bees. I bought some that was mixed in with honey... mainly because it was cheaper...ok that is the only reason. I took a dose, one teaspoon before I went to bed and at 5:30 am I ended up in the bathroom... for the next 3 hours! I did not know what was wrong at the time... I had this problem last January but I had a fever to go with it. When my stomach finally calmed down I looked up Royal Jelly on the net and typed in side effects. Well, there it was gastro-nightmare-itus! I am glad that was the problem, but I missed a days work because of it.
Learn from my mistake... always look up adverse effects of remedies before you take them!
Have a great day and don't forget to laugh out loud! xo Ine

1 comment:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

And whenever you try something new, start at a low dose. Everyone is a little different, OK some people are really different, but we won't go into that right now, and you just don't know how your body may react. Guess you didn't do a gratitude dance for Royal Jelly!