Sep 23, 2011

Today is my birthday! How blessed and lucky I am! I want to thank all the people who prayed for me, my doctors, my nurses, social workers, friends and family. I was thinking about what Hillary Clinton said when she was talking about children....it takes a village. Well, the same idea works with taking care of a sick person. It isn't just one person who heals the patient...there are countless people involved from the ones who implement the health care to the ones who carry the plan out. I am grateful to all of them. When I was in the hospital, there were a couple of nurses who nurtured me and made me feel loved. I believe that is not taught in nursing school, it comes naturally.

I believe I have been given a second chance and I do not want to take that for granted. I am not the same person I was before I got sick. I am actually the person I was over 20 years ago. Back then I was politically active, and opinionated, so now that I find myself with more time on my hands I am naturally drawn back into  that. I want to make this place a better place for future generations and for now exposing companies that are doing harm in the name of profits is where I will focus my attention. I want to follow in the footsteps of Ralph Nader, Mario Savio, Keith Oberman, Anderson Cooper (Keeping them honest), and my college professor, Jim Higgs. It takes a village to make change...

Eat your fruits & veggies!   xo  Inge

No comments: