Sep 16, 2009




Tell me with a straight face, these pictures aren't racist?


I didn't want to jump into this political hotbed but since Jimmy Carter had the courage to give his opinion. I decided I will do the same. I worked on the Obama Presidential campaign last year. I live in California supposedly a liberal open minded state, but from my experience during the campaign, I witnessed and heard racial slurs regarding Obama on a daily basis. There were times that people used code words like Muslim, and there were a few times they just referred to him with the N-word. At the time I was working in the neighborhood restaurant and that is when I heard those type of remarks. Unfortunately I was not able to tell these bigots what thought of them because I was working. Fast forward to today and look at some of the signs that are clearly racist. Just listen to the crap that comes out of the mouths of Limbaugh and Beck, two over paid blowhards, whose job it is to inflame the fears of those narrow minded bigots. Do you think people would have had the nerve to bring weapons to health care meetings where the president was present, back when Bush was in office? I seriously doubt it.

There is definitely a group of people who are angry a black man is President and they will hate him no matter what he tries to accomplish.
I also am shocked at the amount of rudeness that is in society today. I don't know if it is a symptom of all these reality shows where rudeness is the norm... have you seen those spoiled rude girls, the Kardashians? But rudeness today is rampant whether it is the politicians or protesters or shock jocks or at the MTV awards. Have you heard the phrase, United we stand, divided we fall?

I think it's time to bring back Miss Manners and learn to have a civil discussion and stop the bullying and plain bullshit or we should prepare for a huge fall!
Don't forget to laugh out loud, especially when watching those narrow minded, ignorant jackasses make fools of themselves!
xoxo Inge



No comments: