May 29, 2011

I have watched Oprah on & off for the past 25 years...the last several years I did not watch her nearly as often...but when I did her message for that day was exactly what I needed to hear. I did not watch her last show but I have been watching her Master Class Program on the OWN Network. I was looking through her website today and came across a topic that I needed to hear again...even though I already know it... I think I needed to be reminded.http://www.oprah.com/health/Mind-Over-Matter-Stressed-Thinking-Stressed-Management-101/1

I believe if I had handled my stressful thoughts differently I might not have manifested my illness. As you know I suffer from OCD...thankfully it is not as bad as some people's can be...but I can obsess about a negative thought for hours even days. What my illness taught me is to let go of things I have no control over and to forgive others when I believe they have wronged me. There is alot in that article that I am guilty of but thankfully I have had my "Aha" moment and can change my thinking. I have been given a second chance to do it differently...to let go...to be less fearful...to stop "what if" thinking...to be easier on myself.
I am grateful.
xo Inge

No comments: