Nov 23, 2009

One of the things I like about post menopause...no more monthly periods! One of the things I don't like about post menopause...memory loss. I have trouble remembering names of people... names of things like... I forgot the word ... crap I can't remember now what I wanted to tell you I forgot! Now that's bad... oh, yeah... I was talking to a server at work and I was asking where the souffle cups were but I could not remember the name. I forget names of people alot too... not people I interact with everyday... people who are on t.v. or political names. It is frustrating even embarrassing at times. There are times I start blogging about something and remember half way through that I already blogged about that.
Hope your pre Thanksgiving days are fun and don't forget to laugh out loud!
xoxo Inge
p.s. Another thing about my personality that has changed since menopause is my temper... I have a shorter fuse... check out this video. I engage in this kind of behavior in my head quite a bit these days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4yjGiD3xOM

1 comment:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Ok, I'll bite on this one. In Menopause hormones switch form being an ovary centered event to being adrenal focused. This means that if you stress out your adrenals with, ah, stress, caffeine, sugar, late nights, over work, that wort of thing then Menopause becomes more symptomatic. Memory and temper is a big part of the adrenals because if the adrenals are on, if they are in use to do something like run away from a saber tooth tiger, which is basically what they are designed for, fight or flight, you don't need to have memory and having a short fuse might just save your life at that point LOL. Nourish your adrenals with nettle oatstraw tea (1/4 cup each dried Nettles and Oatstraw in a quart mason jar of hot water, cover, let sit over night, strain and drink through out the day). There are other adrenal supports as well. But think adrenal, rest and recuperation. As one of my teachers said "Menopause is not a disease process, it is an invitation to Yin."