Feb 7, 2010


The days are flying by. I could use a few more hours to get the things done I would like to accomplish. I start my day meditating, focusing on my breath, then breakfast (toast and coffee) I am so predictable... then writing in my gratitude journal. Next checking craigslist for new jobs and of surfing around looking for anything inspiring, connections, omens. I came across something interesting written by Steve Jobs... remember him? I have to admit I was surprised to see that he could write something so open and vulnerable but here it is
http://www.dreammanifesto.com/courage-follow-heart-intuition.html

Then I did some more surfing and found a blog called http://www.thechangeblog.com/. There are contributing writers on the blog and I found a quote from Byrnne Betz that I found interesting:

"The law of attraction tells us that ‘like attracts like’. If we honk our horns in anger, we create anger in others and should expect another horn, literally or figuratively, to be blown back in our direction. What we exude will return to us. If something inside us calls us to change our paths, to honor our hearts in a new way, and if we choose to listen, the net has no choice but to appear, for we will attract it, we will create that which we need. The challenge comes in letting the energy of this wise, heart-centered aspect of our deepest Selves flow through us so thoroughly that we don’t miss what sits before our eyes. In order to be used, the treasures we have attracted to help us on our paths must first be seen."

I am still working on trying to figure out the difference between my intuition and my ego just throwing in its 2 cents. I am hoping I will find some clarity on this.

I have also decided to stop watching the news. I used to be a news junkie. CNN is my drug of choice and the similar news agencies on cable. I have come to the conclusion that ALL the news stations are in the business of scaring the masses and therefore keeping everyone of us in our assigned stations. They show the world as a scary place (they know how to blow a simple news event completely out of proportion) and show endless suffering night after night. When they are not engaging in that - the cable news channels seem to try to one up each other with insults and pissing contests. They have all become sensationalists and opinionated while parading around that they are journalists and just reporting the news. Many seem to become spokespersons for the political party they like best. I find it disgusting and I will not watch them anymore.

There just isn't enough hours in the day and I am really examining how I want to use the limited time I have. Hope you are finding enough time to do the things you love! and don't forget to laugh out loud! xoxo Inge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzdQdA8Qi-o

No comments: