Mar 23, 2010


I am reading Louise Hay's book, "You Can Heal Your Life". There are so many great ideas in it and I find myself reading it every chance I get. It got me to thinking about connections and "wake up" moments, as she likes to call them. If I think back on it, I did have a few but I guess I did not really see them as "wake up" moments. Oprah calls them "Aha!" moments.

I have a metal bird sculpture in my courtyard that I bought at a craft fair a few years ago. I love anything bird themed and have been known to stop my car, get my binoculars from the trunk and bird watch migrating birds from a parking lot. Hence, my nickname Ingebird. I got to thinking about this particualr metal bird today because of the story behind it, which when I bought the bird I did not appreciate the significance.


The artist made the bird and others like it from a burned out car. She cut the metal pieces up and made something new. What made this bird special was the fact the car belonged to her and her husband. He car was destroyed in a fire that also claimed her home. She lost her belongings in a huge fire that claimed many homes up in Northern California several years back. She took a terrible situation and made something beautiful. What someone else would call junk, she saw art and specifically a bird. Now that's an "Aha!" moment!
Hope you have an "Aha!" moment today and don't forget to laugh out loud!
xoxo Inge

No comments: