Mar 10, 2010

I got 2 days of work so far this week and I plan to go to another agency this afternoon so I have more chances to get work assignments. I took care of this sweet 80 something woman this week and I made sure to stay in the present moment a lot. I asked her lots of questions about her life 1. to keep her alert and thinking 2. I enjoy hearing people's life stories, especially how they met their spouses. I found myself being reminded of a very wise woman's advice many years ago when I was a waitress and that was " your golden years are now. Do what you want to do now. Travel, take a chance on doing something new, explore new things and ideas, because if you put it off until "retirement" you may not be well enough to do it". I heard pretty much the samething from J these past few days. She had a fun life and took chances and now she has wonderful memories. I made sure I was "aware" and listened to her...afterall, I attracted her into my life so I did not want to miss a minute of the lessons she had for me.

Hope your day is fun, don't forget to look for your life lessons and for goddess sake don't forget to laugh out loud!

xoxo Inge


"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old!" George Burns

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love home care with the elderly - a favorite was an Alzheimer patient named "Betty". She would knit the same item every day and make dozens of what looked like golf club covers. What a sense of humor. She made me feel she had lived quite some life! Jennifer