Jan 10, 2011


A week ago today I had liver surgery. They got it all and it was made of the same stuff that is in the bullseye... great news! This is the first time since I came home that I feel like doing anything except sleeping. I will be honest the surgery kicked my ass. I don't take drugs, drink or smoke but I am grateful to the persons who invented Vicadin. I did too much the day after I came home and yesterday was the first day I ate food besides a couple of spoonfuls. Today I woke up hungry. I never knew mashed potatoes, gravy with pieces of chicken tasted so good! Now my big event is the poop! Who knew I would anxiously await that event!

Thursday I see Dr. Imagawa and he removes the drain in my liver. Then I continue to rest. I forget that what I see are 3 small incisions... 2 are about 1 inch and the 3rd is about 3 inches wide but the liver is a large organ and I should not jump ahead of myself and do to much.

I am so blessed to have so much support and I am grateful to all my caretakers.

Don't forget to laugh out loud (I am laughing on the inside cause my stomach hurts) but I'm still laughing! xo Inge

1 comment:

Creations From The Soul said...

I am so sorry to hear that you were so ill, Inge. I am happy to hear that you are feeling a bit better now. I hope 2011 brings you all the health and happiness that such a wonderful person like you deserves. I will keep you in my prayers.........Michele