Oct 5, 2011

I saw my surgeon yesterday and I am scheduled to have surgery October 18th. He will install a colostomy bag for me. I have mixed feelings about that but I really do not have a choice. My body is pretty much healed and my sphincter muscles are shot. There is no reconstructive surgery for that. At least I will not be stranded at home in the mornings anymore. I will be in the hospital for about 4 days and healing for 6 weeks. I will not have to lose my colon, and the surgery will be done laparoscopically.

Tomorrow I see my oncologist, hopefully she has some information from the nerve testing I did a few days ago. Then I go back to the food stamp office and see if I qualify for help. I am not happy going to these agencies and I know I blogged about that before. I guess sometimes we have to do things we don't like in order to get where we want to go.

Eat your fruit& veggies!   xo  Inge

No comments: