Aug 16, 2009


How many people do you know enjoys spending time at the cemetery? I can't think of anyone else but me, but I'm sure there are others like me - somewhere. Oh well, I don't feel like dwelling on it, because I do and if that makes me seem odd so be it. I actually really go to take pictures of the statuary. It is hard to find them anymore. These days most cemeteries switched to headstones that are flush with the lawn so it is easier to maintain, but in my opinion, it also makes them boring.


Today, I went to Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Cypress, California. It had a quite a few statues to take pictures of which is why I like to go. There were also many more community mausoleums which made me think of the many condos and apartments in the area. Hmmm, condo living alive and dead. I wonder if it is cheaper to be placed in a community mausoleum than a regular plot. Anyone know? There were also alot families there. Most were changing flowers and cleaning up the headstones... some sat in lawn chairs with umbrellas and children played in the area. I found that interesting... it was mainly Asian families not Caucasians who were there and I wonder if that is part of their culture. To be frank, I think most white people are uncomfortable around cemeteries. I do not know that for sure, it is just something I have observed. When I participated in the Day of the Dead celebration in San Francisco a few years ago there were mainly people of color there and the people representing the different religious views were definitely not mainstream Judea/Christian!


















































I think this so romantic!




















































Another beautiful romantic couple.




















































I found this article on Yelp about another Forest Lawn Location in Glendale that you might find interesting. I did because it shows me there are others who enjoy the cemetery environment.
While driving around today my all time favorite song came on
Anyone else have a favorite song? The first time I heard it was when I was 6 years old and it instantly was my favorite. At 6 years old!... I had a great ear for music even then, too bad my singing voice isn't.
Hope your day is fun and don't forget to laugh out loud!
xoxo Inge

















































No comments: