Aug 26, 2009


I really do believe that laughter is the best medicine. My dad had a terrific sense of humor, even when he was terminally ill. He could always find something funny in any situation. For the past few weeks I have needed extra doses of humor to keep my stress as low as possible, but there are times that I let stress take over and I can worry myself in a hole. As you know I am looking for work. This is the first time I have been out of work since 1993... weren't we experiencing a recession back then too? I was out of work 6 months! I don't want to go through that again. I did get that temp gig last weekend, which I am grateful for, but here I am again schlepping my resume around and filling out applications. Oh, I did get that minimum wage job but seriously who can live on minimum wage and part time hours unless they live under a bridge?


I did go on a 2nd interview yesterday for a job I really really really want and I was hoping to get a job offer on the spot... but I have to wait until Thursday for a phone call that will let me know if I will work there. The suspense is killing me! I will be so disappointed if I have to start my job search all over. In case I don't get the position I want I will ask if I can start as a server at one of the restaurants and wait to get promoted from the inside... I can hear my feet protesting but sometimes we have to suck it up and change plans in order to ultimately get what we want.

I have been watching alot of comedy and motivational clips when I get home on youtube which I thank the great goddess everyday for the invention of youtube!

Hope your day is fun and if you are looking for work, remember to keep laughing. Potential employers can smell fear.

xoxo Inge





1 comment:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

GOOD LUCK, fingers crossed for you and bunnies are loaning their feet (attached) for great fortune. Check out the girls learning Parkour at my friend PJ's blog. http://underatinroofsky.blogspot.com/