Jan 18, 2010


A couple of days ago I got a letter from my bank, Chase. I used to bank with Washington Mutual
before they went belly up last year or was it the year before? (damn menapause) Anyways back to the other day. The letter was sent to inform me that my personal information might have been accidently, sort of looked at by persons not authorized to see such information... translation... someone hacked into their system and compromised the site. Now this did not just happen to me... I'm guessing probably millions are in the same boat as me, well, my husband and me.
There was good news though.... Chase shut down the site and sent me this form that gives us a year free membership to the Chase Identity Program. I am returning this form and enrolling in their program and as soon as the banks reopen tomorrow we are moving our money from their bank and putting it into the local credit union. We aren't millionaires but I figure if there are enough of people like us who are fed up with the big bank institutions and all their games we will send a strong message to them that we are mad as hell and we are not going to take it anymore.
If you feel the same - here is a site that will help you find a solvent local community bank or credit union close to you.
Hope you are well and don't forget to laugh out loud!
xoxo Inge

No comments: