May 27, 2009

I just don't get what all the fuss is about!

Two people want to get married...they happen to be the same sex...what is the big deal? We live in a world where there is so much negative stuff and if someone is lucky enough to find someone to share their life with it should be celebrated. I was single for almost 8 years before I met John...I went on so many 1st dates I lost count so when I met John I was thrilled. Now don't get me wrong I was alright being single, I do not need to have a partner to feel complete but it is nice to share the ups and downs of everyday life with someone. I am not gay but if I were I would live openly, at least I hope I would. I believe if you cannot be yourself who can you be? I think it is disgraceful the way gays are treated. I thought we lived in a country where we are free. At least that is the way we portray ourselves to the rest of the world.

I really have a problem with certain groups of people who think it is ok to deny rights to another group of people because they simply do not like their lifestyle. I hear alot of this conversation where I work and I just cringe when I hear them boast about their church activities and then talk about those "gays having the nerve to want to get married". Then those same people talk about gay people being sex maniacs and having different partners every night! I wonder if they really hear themselves. Now, I will be the first to admit I like to make fun of people - everyone including myself. I think we all take ourselves too seriously and need to take ourselves down a notch. But I believe in the saying "Live and let live". We are all here on this earth for a short time why spend time denying people equal rights? If someone uses the excuse that they do not know how to explain such things to small kids... how do they explain erectile dysfunction when it comes up every 5 minutes on a commercial? Those terms come up almost daily. Gay marriage is only a big deal because certain groups have made it that way.
Now that my rant is over I shall look for something to laugh about!
xoxo Inge

No comments: