May 17, 2009

I am getting back on track




I have been distracted for the past 4 years. I have been busy with the day to day dolldrums and have neglected my spiritual self. I know I have written about this before but I had alot of time to think and meditate when I was sitting in the LA traffic. Maybe the reason John and I struggled so much in Chico is because we are living in the wrong place and not doing our what the Buddhists call "right work". I mean we were just working jobs in order to pay the bills and eek out a meager living. We were surviving not thriving. Neither of us were doing work we truly loved. John wants to work with animals, training dogs, walking them, care for them when their owners are on holiday. He especially likes caring for the difficult ones. He understands them... he too was considered difficult growing up.

I want to have my own metaphysical shoppe supplying others with the spiritiual tools to help them on their spiritual journey. I have wanted to do that for as long as I can remember. I cannot do that in Chico... spiritual matters are very black and white. Spirituality is considered part of the dark side, the devil and all that goes with that. Religion, namely Conservative Christian belief is ruler here... mixed with guns and fear of the unknown. There is no place for pagan, new age thinking here, at least not in the open.

It was so refreshing to go to Ojai where I was understood... where I could discuss such things with like minded people. I feel that I am getting back on track. I have found some great sites on the internet, namely youtube where I can watch videos and meditate to the chanting. I am coming home... of course this does not mean I have given up my enjoyment of laughter. After all, the secret to enlightenment is to lighten up!
xoxo Inge
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UGln73LzoM

No comments: