Jul 8, 2009





This is the windchime that got my attention.
Check out the beautiful succulents in the hanging basket.

There is something about the sound of a windchime that instantly gets my attention and away from what I am doing. It is usually the bigger ones... it snaps me out of what I am doing and into a peaceful state... living in the moment. The sound is soothing to me. I have smaller ones around my patio but it is the mega chimes that really get my attention. I heard one this morning in the condominium complex where James lives. It got me thinking I need to be "present" more often and then I tell myself ," I need to get back to meditating - write in my journal - relax - stop fretting - really live in the moment for a while and stop trying to control every aspect of my life". Actually, now for at least the next 2 weeks I should... no, that's a word I don't want use - too controlling - well, I can't think of the word right now...but you get my drift. Back home there is so much to do and not enough time in the day at times to do it all, especially when a good portion of it is spent practising my typing. So now I have no excuse, James really is not all that much work ... normal feeding, helping him get around the house, bathing, caring for his pets (it sounds more than it really is and he is feeling better. He has not missed work either ... alot of his job is done on the computer and the "leg work" part is being done by 2 of his co-workers, so I do have time to work on me ... and of course practise typing.
I found a stained glass artist called, Desert Creations, on etsy.com that makes beautiful windchimes that you might want to take a look at http://www.desertcreations.etsy.com/
some soothing windchime music...
xoxo Inge

No comments: