Aug 11, 2011

My brother & sister in-law came to visit us for 3 days. They live in Switzerland and come to the States about every 5 years...so it is a real treat when they are here. Actually we were part of a 5 week jaunt through the US. They started in New York and will end up in San Francisco. The Europeans have it right when it comes to vacation time. Everyone there get 5 weeks a year. Americans are among the few who work themselves to death. The work philosophy in Switzerland is to work hard when they work and to take time off to recharge themselves...a tired workforce will not be productive. We could learn alot from them!
Anyway one of the places we took them was the Sawdust Festival http://www.sawdustartfestival.org/ in Laguna Beach. The weather was great and the artists were wonderful. We brought the wheelchair and it made my life easier...unfortunately there was tanbark all over the ground...to represent sawdust...so poor John got quite the workout pushing me around. They are open everyday until August 31st, so if you're looking for something fun to do I highly recommend it and you just might find that perfect gift for someone or yourself! If you are interested in contacting any of the artists I photographed, email me and I will send their info.
They sure got my creative juices going and I plan to get back into my art very soon.
xo Inge




















































































































































No comments: