Jul 19, 2011

***WARNING!!! BITCHING ALERT!***

I must be getting better because I'm getting pissed off more often...which I know isn't good for my health BUT we as a nation have to stand up for ourselves. Remember the movie "Network" where the character stands by the window and yells "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" We need to do that to our representatives in Washington. Here are two stories that got me going...

The other day I met a woman...a neighbor who told me that a few years ago she woke up in a hospital after being in a coma for 8 days... she had a job and health insurance BUT because she was unconscious when she was brought to the emergency room no one asked her about insurance..long story short that hospital was not in her "network" so she got a bill for over $300,00. If you ask me that's bullshit! If we have to have insurance then we should be covered 100% no matter where we go for medical care.

Here's the other story...

My friend got laid off over a year ago...she just turned 60..she was the only one who got laid off at her company...the rest of the employees are much younger. At first under the Obama plan she was able to get health insurance at a good discount because she got unemployment benefits but that is about to run out (she has been looking for work but not getting offers)...anyway she needs health insurance because she just had an operation... she is shopping around and was told that her monthly premium will be $900 a month! WHAT!! THAT'S CRAZY! Who can afford that??? She was told that she can apply for a lower premium...$400 a month but has to fill out a 24 page form and that form goes to someone who will decide if she qualifies for the lower premium! How can people afford that? I certainly can't! Remember that premium is for one person...what if you are married? In 2014 we are all required to buy health insurance or face penalty from the IRS...that's the health care Obama came up with??? I think his mother would roll over in her grave! HEY OBAMA! THE REASON I DON'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE IS BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD IT! I know we are required to buy car insurance but the monthly premium can be as low as $40 a month...that's a far cry from $900 a month!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to my government for paying my medical bills...they saved my life too but I also have paid into the system for over 30 years and this is the first time I ever needed help from anyone. Things cannot continue to go this way and we cannot allow the insurance companies to get away with it! This so called Obama care is nothing but a cash cow for the health care industry!

We need to get off our butts and do something before it's too late!
xo Inge

No comments: