Jul 13, 2011

When I was stuck at home and in bed my four legged babies helped me make it through. One of them though, my MinPin also had and still has her own medical issues so John & I had to make a difficult decision and placed her in foster care. There was so much going on Lucy was not getting the attention and care she needed and deserved. She is still living with the woman who took her in because five months have gone by and the two of them have bonded. Her new mom, Ilene lost her pet a few months before Lucy came into her life and even though this person said she was not ready to adopt another dog, Lucy won her heart...they also share a home with seven cats and a husband. I am stronger now but not well enough to walk the dogs by myself so I couldn't take Lucy back now if I wanted but I have to look out for what is best for Lucy and to take her away from her new home would not be good for her, let alone her new mom. I think about her everyday and miss her funny antics but I know I am making the right decision. I am grateful to Ilene for opening her home and heart to help our family. If you are able think about helping a pet by fostering them until they can either find a permanent home or their family can get back on their feet. It is a blessing to everyone involved.


Charlie







Lucy









Jinx





Cooper

No comments: